Rant • or • Rave - Palladio Beauty

| On :
So, I was flipping through the Sally's flyer and this brand came up, for buy 2 get 1 free! So OBVIOUSLY, I had to check it out. My Sally's always has a really limited selection of things, so while I was out for errands in New Hampshire, I decided to stop by the one in Rochester, just to see if they had anything different, and while their stock was extremmeeellly limited as well, I still found a couple things that our Sally's doesn't have ahha. **I actually made two trips.....cause I was close range of another one when I was out with my mother-in-law hehe ** This post is image heavy, you've been warned haha
♡♡♡♡
So the first thing I reached for was their mascara, because as you guys know, I'm a sucker for mascara, haha. Especially ones that say 4-D Boost on them, I'm gullible, I know. 
Little background of the company first. They are a herbal and vitamin enriched products, meaning that they are aimed to be better for your skin than many other companies, which is always a plus. It's always refreshing knowing that what you're putting on your face isn't going to make your skin fall off haha.
So Palladio has 4 different mascaras, at least at Sally's (They sell stuff online and other places as well), I picked up two. The first one I picked up was this 4D boost one, because I could use the volume, my lashes are...okay, I mean I can't complain too much......................but I would love if they were a little bit...fuller. haha and false lashes is not an option for me, gluing things to my eye is just frightening haha. 

The Tube is standard, kinda reminds me of Maybelline's The Rocket tube actually. 


Ugh, okay So i usually hate brushes like this, I prefer the plastic-ish ones, not really a fan of the traditional brushes.....but anyway I digress.... It's fairly large brush, in the hopes of plumping up your lashes.

I wasn't too wowed by this product. It didn't really give me volume at all, but it did keep the curl on my lashes, which is an a+, especially for not being waterproof. It also did a pretty good job of separating my lashes, so those are nice little add-ons, but I don't think I would jump to repurchase this, just because I was expecting a little bit more of a va-voom lift to them haha. 

So the second trip, I had an actual list of things that I wanted, but obvi, didn't get all of them because as I said.....I have bad luck with Sally's haha. 
I read about the Aqua Force mascara on makeup ally, and again, like I mentioned, I'm super gullible. So I picked this one up, it's waterproof, so this one seemed a little bit more promising

I know this is unnaturally bright, but the font on the tube was wicked dark and I wanted you guys to be able to read it haha


So the tube looks like the 4D one, the writing is in black though, so it's kinda hard to read, but this baby is called Aqua Force, rightfully named as well, because it is waterproof, and it don't mess around. I tried to take this off with my regular make up remover pads, didn't budge AT ALL. So I used my Rimmel gentle eye make up remover, and while that helped, it is still pretty tough to take off. Which is great, because it means it does't budge, but also not so great cause when it's late at night and you just wanna go to bed, this can be a pain haha At least you'll know it'll last all day and all night haha 


It's pretty obvious, there's a huge size difference between this wand and the other wand, ahha Also the traditional style wand, this one is shaped in more of a bottle / pear-ish shape. It's round and sinks in the middle and then rounds out again towards the end. I LOVEEEEE this mascara, even though it's a bit hard to get off, it does such an amazing job at separating your lashes as well as lengthening them. It doesn't do much for volume, but that's okay because it makes my lashes look wicked long, and I can take a compromise haha.

So, obvi, I could only get my hands on two of the four mascaras, but if you're debating trying one, I would most definitely go with the Aqua Force mascara. It dries really fast too, so you don't have to worry about accidentally running out the door with little black specks all over your eye area haha.

Next up on the list is their primer. So the first trip I saw this, and debated about it.....and ended up not getting it. But the second trip, I cracked and got it ahha. It kind of reminds me of ELF's primer, like a silicone....ish texture, kind of a weird texture if I may add haha 



I know some people would be interested in the ingredients of this, so here you go haha
Standard squeeze tube, kinda have mixed feelings of the packaging, but other than that it's not too bad. Sometimes when you squeeze it, a l o t of product comes out, even if you're not even squeezing that hard 


So this is kinda awkward, but this is what the product looks like, it looks like silicone. haha That being said, it glides on the face effortlessly and leaves a very smooth velvety finish. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this, especially from those with oily skin. I have normal-ish skin, so naturally, I went with my gut instinct and got it anyways...haha I gotta say, I wore it all day and it was about 80 degrees today, and I have no complaints. It did a fabulous job at holding my make up in place, especially around my nose area which is where my makeup tends to disappear quite often. So kudos to them, cause even though this is kind of pricey for primer, it does a pretty darn good job. 

Moving along.....I have under eye bags, and some days, they're R I D I C U L O U S, so any new concealer that I cross paths with, I will give it a chance, especially if the display has a nice demonstration. and extra especially when the employees say they use it, and their under eye area looks marvelous haha 



So this is just a standard concealer, I got the shade Banana nothing too fancy. It looks like a lipgloss and has a lipgloss wand, which....I don't really like, but half the time I just put it my finger and dot it on....but this concealer is okay, I can't say it's amazing. It does a good job of concealing, but the yellow color is pretty strong, so it shows through your foundation. I do gotta say though, it does a really good job at concealing your under eye baggage. 

                        

& AT LAST, MY FAVORITE OF THE ENTIRE BRAND 
This rice paper is THE BOMB DOT COM. I usually don't use oil blotting sheets when I'm wearing make up, because it ALWAYYYSSS rips off my foundation and powder, and it leaves like really disgusting patches haha but this stuff, this stuff is amazing. 

                       
So this is the little box it comes in, I have two different ones, the Natural and the Translucent one. 
There's 40 sheets in each box, which is A L O T, especially because these are only 3 bucks! They have 3 or 4 different shades, and the reason for the shades, is because they're powder coated so that when you place it over your nose (or wherever you need to blot) the powder resides on your face and allows continued oil control.


As you can probably tell, these suckers are HUGGEEEE, haha Which is great, because you're certainly getting more bang for your buck. 

 

So! These are double sided, as you can tell. The matte side, aka the side without the powder, is for absorbing all of the excess oils that may be on your skin. Once you've soaked all those suckers up, you can go over it with the powder side and it'll give you a finishing effect and cover up the patches that occurred when removing the oils from your face. 
I love that these are made out of rice paper too, because it's so much more gentle for the skin! 


So the final thoughts? I think this brand is really underrated, because they've got some GREAT products. I just wish the Sally's near me would stock more so I could try their blushes and their eye shadow, cause judging by the photos on the display, they looked so pretty.

If you're thinking of trying this brand out, I say go for it & make sure that you're a Sally's Beauty Club member, because you get things at a discounted price, which is always marvelous, and you get some additional sale prices as well :)

If you wanna see more of what they have, check out Sally's website! It's good to go on there and read reviews to see what worked better for some people. That's what I did haha.

So! What do you think? If you own anything from Palladio, what's your faves? What did you absolutely hate? I wanna know, comment down below!

***Everything mentioned in this post was bought by myself with my own funding. Palladio did not send me these products and I am in no way affiliated with the company nor am I affiliated with Sally's. All opinions are my own and are 100000% honest, pinky swear.

post signature
Twitter | Insta | Bloglovin'
Be First to Post Comment !
UP Mommy Life said...

Loved your reviews on these products :) They sent me both the mascaras you purchased and I love them so far.