Oy vey

| On :

As a blogger, I try to keep an open mind whenever I read anyone's blog, as I hope people do when read my blog. Very rarely do I come across a post by someone that really just...grinds my gears. Today though, as I was doing my daily reads on Facebook, I saw a reoccurring article popping up in my timeline, naturally I read it, and I wish I could unread it.

Now, let me start out by saying that I am in no way bashing on this stranger, nor am I trying to tear her apart in anyway. I'm merely showing the other side of her very bias "argument" (or lack there of)
Wait okay, stop, to understand what the heck this post is all about, you have to read this one . Otherwise this all looks like jibberish basically.
 
Nathan & I got married when we were 19 (with MANY objections), so we fall under the "married under 23, cop-out married couple" thing she is ranting about. I am not for young marriage, I am not against young marriage. I don't think age defines when you should or shouldn't get married, having the right mindset does. & frankly I just don't give a damn. It's your life, if you want to marry a 50 year old dude, and you two are really in love, hey go for it. Anyway, I am well aware that a lot of young married couples do get divorced, I've witnessed it many times. However, I myself, know for a fact, that I am having way more fun and experiences in my (what she called) "cop-out" of a marriage than A L O T of single people that I know. Keep in mind, this is just my take on the situation, if you feel differently I completely understand, but being as a blog is a place to share your thoughts....I've got some thoughts that need sharing.
 
I don't have a list of things to do before you turn blank age, because I don't like to set lists or rules. We're pretty spontaneous people...and we both have the memory the size of a peanut so we would forget the said list anyway, so we don't make plans, we just go out and do whatever we feel like doing that day. Life is more fun when you're not limiting yourself to only doing such and such activities. Just go explore. It's also so much more fun when you're taking this incredible journey with someone who loves you unconditionally.
None the less, here is my rebuttal to her poorly constructed and highly contradicting list.
 
  1. I've had a passport since I was 10 so....
  2. I have found my "thing" and if it weren't for Nathan, and getting married, I never would've found my "thing." (that sounds so awkward)
  3. Make out with  a stranger? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? No thanks. I'd rather just stay home and make out with my husband, who knows how many other strangers your stranger has made out with.
  4. I've adopted pets twice, again, both I wouldn't have been able to do without Nathan. BUT why would you adopt a pet if you're getting a passport and going to explore the world. Animal abandonment is not cool  my friend, not cool at all. 
  5. Not my "thing" but I do kick ass at rockband 
  6. If you haven't made a cake by the time you're 23, you've got bigger problems sistuh-friend
  7. False. I got a tattoo covered, because I was stupid when I got it. Tattoos are in fact not permanent, I saw a whole show about people getting them removed and stuff
  8. I am open to and accept all religions, I observe from a distance though. So, no thank you.
  9. AGAIN I wouldn't be able to start that up if I hadn't been married
  10. You haven't cut your hair and you're 23 years old? Guys, I found rapunzel 
  11. NO NO NO NO NO. How is this good for anyone? really. Cheating and creating mind games is not my cup of tea.
  12. With both of our hands, we constructed a wonderful relationship. Try it.
  13. Wait W H A T, I've accomplished so many pintrest projects, couldn't even count em out cause there's so many
  14. I was going to. It wasn't "my thing" as she would say
  15. HA. My age I got married had nothing to do with it, I'm pretty sure I disappointed them looooooooooong ago.
  16. What in the hell is GIRLS? 
  17. This is fun. Full of life and big dreams I see. Nathan & I have done this before, but we were married when we did it...so......
  18. I don't need to be single to do  this. I do it all day every day. Just ask Nathan. 
  19. So Crossfit doesn't allow people in committed relationships into their program? Oh...oh well, I guess I'll just go back to working out with my husband. You can keep your snooty program
  20. W H Y. Just ask yourself. I would rather just run around my own house naked where I know there won't be some creep staring at me through a window taking disturbing photos. Of all the things on the list, this has GOT to be the dumbest one.
  21. Already do that. AND I'm married, oops.
  22. HA, sweetheart I don't need to be single to be selfish. I am in fact a human being, it's in our nature to  be selfish. 
  23. I would rather not. For the simple reason that I might push you into the ocean. PLUS I got married before I was 23, so I don't think you'd want to kick it with me anyway. You might try to force me to watch some weird ass movie and then sit naked in front of a window. Who knows what that will lead to....you seem pretty fiesty, and you kiss strangers, so I'd rather not be alone with you all together actually....
The bottom line is, if you don't like people getting married young, then don't get married young. If you want to live a life alone, doing your own thing, honey go ahead. Life is what you make it. You don't need to conform to any list or rules, or rely on strangers to tell you how to live your life. If you want to live your life not knowing how to bake a cake, kissing & sleeping with randoms, and sitting in front of windows with your tits hanging out, GO FOR IT. But don't sit there and judge other people because they've found someone they've decided to spend their life with and they happen to be younger than you are. Everyone chooses to live their life differently, who are you to sit there and judge? I'm not saying the lady of the blog is wrong, nor am I saying she's right. I'm saying she went into the situation with a bias opinion, but THAT'S OKAY, because she has no baring on my life. The whole purpose of this post is to show both ends of the spectrum. That's it. Not invoke hatred, or say that she's a terrible person or anything like that. You wanna wait to get married, go ahead! You wanna get married right out of high school, GO AHEAD!  Do whatever your heart and ambitions desire. That's what it's there for.
Keep an open mind. Go with the flow, take it easy, make your own decisions.
 I did, and I got something beautiful out of it.
Sure, maybe we weren't the "appropriate" age (whatever that even is) when we got married. but WHO CARES. I'm married to my best friend and we're now traveling the world together & I wouldn't trade that for anything in this entire world
  post signature
Twitter' | Insta' | Bloglovin'
Be First to Post Comment !
Unknown said...

I was engaged at 20 yes 20. Wait I am still with the same man and have been for almost 19 years. The person who wrote that must not relise people like our grand parents and parents were married at 18 19 and that is how they made it 50 years you are not likely to make it 50 years with some one if you get married at 40. I do not think my foster parents would be disappointed in me I think they would are proud of who I am today and the fact I am happy and have had a wonderful man by my side and is a good Dad to our children why join the peace corp when you can Join the military and live life not postpone it because you are in the peace corp need a haircut being a hutchy dating 2 people as you sit your fat ass on the couch when it blows up in your face eating a jar of nutella watching girls making a cake because now that is your thing because you Dream of getting a passport and starting a band working on pinterest t shirts for it and your dream small business sitting naked in your front window because your so big your clothes do not fit so you join a crossfit because you think you can find a man as you work out eww all sweaty smelly and because you were to concerned with who is going to go with you to the Philippines for Chineese new year. Your smell makes the other people strangers working out feel uncomfortable because all you think about is you and that is not good selfish but go see a shrink selfish so to feel better write a blog yeah that is the life a 23 year old should have. NOT The issue with Divorce is the Woman is all I want to have the wedding that is all they want to be selfish and have a day all about them. The best marriages are the ones with out the big wedding omg like yours and mine. to the person who wrote that blog get a life stop making list to make a life and just live maybe you will meet a man and be happy building with your own hands a family.