Surviving the Cold ☁ ☃

| On :
 
So I don't know what the weather is like where you live, but where I live....It's freeeeezing already! With the cold, comes the dreaded chapped lips. But no worries! There's a few tips and tricks I've picked up along the way to help out! ps stick around till the end for a surprise.
 
 
I love ELF. end of story. They literally have the best products for such great deals! I always spend about half an hour in Target and WalMart contemplating what I'm gonna buy...filling my cart...then emptying it haha Lots of my holy grail products are from ELF, seriously. 
Check em' out if you're not familiar with them :) 
 

Available at Target, WalMart, or online here!
 
This stuff is a godsend! Especially now that it's fall. It's kind of like a balm and a scrub all in one....but the ratio is way off. Or at least my tube is. The top basically has no balm to it anymore, so I have to the side of the stick haha.  Here's how I use it!
  • Make sure that your lips are clean (no gloss or lipstick or anything like that) & Get them damp
  • I run the balmy part of the stick over my lips to help soften em' up 
  • run the stick over your lips in circular motions, being sure to not press too hard, sometimes the sugars can get a little tough on the skin 
  • Use a warm damp paper towel or cotton pad to wipe off your lips 
  • Follow up with your favorite lip balm or chap-stick
Available at WalMart, Target, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreen's 

I personally like to follow up with my FAVORITE lip treatment right now, Maybelline's Babylips, Dr. Rescue edition. I have all of them, but my favorite is "In Too Cool," especially for this. I usually do this lip treatment at night, and I don't like going to bed with color on my lips, therefore I use the "clear" shade. It's medicated as well, so it helps sooth the lips and and cools lips



  & Now the fun stuff! 
Okay, so have you heard of Lush? if not click here! They have fabulous lip scrubs.....BUT they're wicked expensive....and I tend to run out a lot....so....I figured WHY NOT TRY AND MAKE MY OWN? And TADA, here you have it.

So this is incredibly easy and can be had with common household items. I used what worked best for me, feel free to substitute any of the ingredients for ones that are more suited for you :) 

  •  Table Spoon ( I used a measuring cup thingy mah-jig cause it scoops well)
  • A bowl ... to mix your ingredients in
  • Sugar - this gives the scrub that exfoliating-ness that you'll want  ( I used regular sugar, but this also works well with brown sugar)
  • Honey - Honey contains antibacterial supplements 
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil (again optional, walnut oil also works well, or any kind of oil you want)
  • Torani syrup for flavoring, extremely option haha I just like mine to have a bit of color and a bit of flavor, makes the process more fun hehe. 
  • A little container of some sorts to put your scrub in! I used an empty ELF container

Before we begin, I tried to make something similar to Lush's bubble gum lip scrub, hence why I used the Torani syrup. It added color as well as flavor. If you're going to use flavored syrup, put that in your bowl first, but don't put too much! Literally a few little droplets will work, you don't want it to be TOO flavored. ALSO, I tried this with that flavored crystal light packets I had laying around, worked wonders! hehe 

Also, there's no precise amount of any ingredient you need to put in, I always start with 1 tablespoon of sugar and slowly mix in the other ingredients until it gets to the desired texture. 
Step One. Pour the Sugar into your bowl.
Step Two. Pour some honey in there, don't put too much! It'll clump, try a drop or two
Mix em together! 
**I didn't take a picture of it for some reason, but I added a few droplets of the olive oil to help soften it up a bit**

Step Three. Just mix it all together! You want a consistency that is not watery and you want to be able to feel the exfoliation. I suggest rubbing a bit on your hand to see how you like it
Step Four. Pour your creation into your container! 

 & YOU'RE DONE! It's that simple. The biggest challenge is trying to NOT eat the scrub when it's on your lips....haha 

I use this lip scrub the same with I use the exfoliator from ELF, and I follow up with the babylips as well. Just be sure to not put too much honey in your formula when you're mixing it....or it'll get really clumpy and really, really nasty haha exhibit a...

& there you have it! I try to do this routine at least once a week, or whenever my lips need a massive repair session. You don't want to do it TOO much, otherwise you could harm your lips. 
Now it's your turn! If you try this out let me know how it works! Tag your photos on insta and twitter with #bbdiy so I can see! If you have any questions, suggestions, or requests feel free to contact me :)

Got any fall time chapped lips tricks of your own? What's your holy grail chap-stick or balm?
 Leave em' down below! 

 
post signature
Twitter' | Insta' | Bloglovin'
Be First to Post Comment !
Veronica-VeroSays! said...

I definitely need lip products to survive the cold! :) Have you tríed the Lush Lip Scrub!? I love the elf exfoliator.. But this lush product is pretty amazing too! Check out my blog post on it!!

Verosays.com

xoVero