Rant or Rave ✿ Flower Beauty by Drew Barrymore ✿

| On :

ALOOOOOOHAAAAAAA!
Man oh man, this one is a hoot. If you don't already know, Drew Barrymore has her own cosmetics line now. WHAAAATT? yeah, that's what I said. I'm SO slow and SO behind, but y'know, better late than never.

♡♡♡

I had originally thought that this was just a new brand and she was the face of it, so I didn't really think anything of it, but I don't know, out of nowhere I became infatuated with this brand. Maybe it was the packaging, maybe it was the chick at target (see the video for the story haha), I don't know, all I know is that I needed to try this stuff out, and I needed it NOW haha

If you're unaware of this brand, it's exclusively sold at WalMart, but not all WalMart stores have the full collection, bummer right? The one that's wicked close to my house pretty much just has lip and eye products, both of which I wasn't interested in at the moment, so off to the next town I went. It's about 25 minutes away, but it was well worth the trip.

♡♡♡

I wanted so many things (everything was SO PRETTY), but I had to stick to my list. If i'm trying out a new product I don't like to get a lot of stuff from it, just in case I don't like the brand or their formulas, so pretty much I stick to foundation, concealer, and/or powder. In this instance, I bought all three haha.

I had very, VERY little faith in this brand...so the whole time I was skeptical. I have issues with celebrity endorsed products, so I contemplated for a few minutes, walked around WalMart for about half an hour before deciding to just go for it.


The first thing I grabbed was the foundation in the shade LF6 (aka liquid foundation shade 6, creative right? hhaha) I'm a NC25 in Mac's foundations, so that's what I used as my guide. I also had pictures of my existing foundation on my phone, and thank god I did, cause phew this was confusing. They have a huge range of shades, 14 to be exact, & they have foundation for both cool and warm skin tones, but they're like...intertwined in the display so I was confused haha Like L1 would be a cool tone, then L2 would be a warm tone...and it would just alternate, it was a little strange.  BUT ANYWAY, this actually turned out really well. I worked up a little pro and con list....check it:

PROS:
  • It has a pump, like really I was sold once I saw that
  • It blends in almost effortlessly 
  • The coverage is medium, but very build-able
  • It's fragrance free 
  • It's not cakey
  • Satin-ish finish 
  • Long lasting 
CONS:
  • The pump is kind of hard, you gotta push it down a lot for the product to come out 
  • It's only sold at WalMart haha 
  • Packaging is a little bulky

Literally those are the only three pitfalls for me, I love this foundation, and I'm pretty sure this is gonna be my go-to product for a while. In accordance to their website, Flower claims that it has built in primer, which it does, you can kind of feel it....it's very hydrating. BUT I would still recommend wearing it with a primer of your choice. I wore it with my rimmel primer, and it lasted pretty much all day and I wore it from 10 am - midnight haha two thumbs up

♡♡♡

Obvi, I had to get the concealer...it had the word brightening in it. I have massive dark circles under my eyes, so any glimmer of hope for getting those bad boys lightened, I'll try it haha Maybelline's dream lumi one has been my all time fave for quite some time.....and let me tell you, this one gives it a run for its money. 



I got the shade BC1, which is the lightest shade, and it's pretty pale....but that's okay cause it's extra illuminating that way hehe. I literally have nothing bad to say about this, except it's a little thick at first, but nothing a little tapered brush and a little bending can't take care of :) 

♡♡♡







& lastly, the loose powder.....Not even gonna lie, I heard a lot of mixed reviews about this...but once I saw it in person and I saw how pretty the container was, I didn't care... I needed it ahah. It comes in 3 shades, light, medium, and dark....which sucks, there's no in-between -.-
The container is H•U•G•E but that's okay cause I like it haha I thought it was going to be packed with powder, but when I opened it to investigate...it was barely 1/3 of the way full, but that's okay. It comes with a puff, but I HATE those, so I just keep it on there so when I open the top the powder doesn't fly everywhere...this powder is okay...there's just one little thing....

The shades are way off. The shade 01, which is the lightest, is actually way too dark. To be honest, it looks like it could be a bronzer....ahah So I just had to experiment and picked up shade 02 and it's way way way lighter than 01, so just keep that in mind if you're going to get that.
It's okay. Just.....mehhh. I wish there were more colors to choose from, or at least they would fix the shading issue. But y'know, it's not too bad. I'm thinking, if after a few days I wind up hating it, I'll just dump it out and I'll de-pot my rimmel powder and dump that bad boy in the container. It's WAY too cute to just toss out haha 

♡♡♡


All in all, I would say this brand most certainly surprised me. Drew Barrymore did a fabulous job with this collection. While it is a little pricier than other drugstore brands, that's okay because the quality is AMAZING. Not only with the packaging, but with the actual products themselves. I also love that it's cruelty free :) that's always a nice little bonus.

So what would I rate it?





4.75

Here's why! ONLY because the products are rather bulky, so it makes it a little tough to lug around, and the shades are a bit odd, but none-the-less I LOVE this brand.

So begs the same question, is it rant or rave worthy?
RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE. I think the fact that this brand isn't really hyped up all that much, makes it all the better. I love it, and I'm so so glad I took the leap of faith with this company

If you're indecisive, just do it. It's only at WalMart and as long as you keep your receipt you'll be able to return it if you absolutely hate it, so just do it. Take a leap of faith, trust me you'll love it :)

What about you? Have you tried this brand?
What do you like? What do you hate? I wanna know! 


xx,
Angela


Buy these products:
•http://www.walmart.com/ip/Flower-About-Face-Foundation-with-Primer-LF11-Shade-11/22228308
•http://www.walmart.com/ip/Flower-Lighten-Up-Brightening-Concealer-Click-Pen-BC3-Shade-3/22228416


Be First to Post Comment !