to splurge or not to splurge.....

| On :

The never ending battle of drugstore vs. high-end.....it's always tough to know what's worth those extra dollars, and what's not....SO! I thought I'd add my two cents in...haha 

The only drugstore brand make up I fully trust, is Maybelline, especially when it comes to mascara. Like everything else in the make up world, its either a hit or a miss....a little game of roulette if you will. So, I used to ALWAYS buy the newest mascara from Maybelline.....until they came out with one every other week, but none the less, I'm a sucker....and I tried most of them out, but unfortunately when I hate something....I usually just throw it away haha but here's what I decided to keep around


These are all, to me, the best of Maybelline, but obvi, some perform better than others. So let's just do a little comparison.


These two seem VERY similar to me, the falsies gives a little bit more va-voom though. Between the two, I'd have to choose falsies....but I love the mega plush applicator.perhaps I should switch-a-roo....


Again, these seem really similar to me, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cat eye to pluto and back though


This product is PURRRRRRFECTION! I love it for the inner corner of my eye and for my lower lashes :) works like a charm everytime!


And of course, the creme de la creme of all drugstore mascaras...at least in my opinion.... THE ROCKET! ugh! I just can't get enough, it's so amazing! 

When it comes to Maybelline's mascaras, I feel like...after you try so many, they all kind of seem the same, with minor differences...if that makes sense haha 

Okay, so no, I haven't tried NARS, Chanel, or even Urban Decay's mascara.....BUT I've tried the ones that seemed to be worthwhile to me, Benefit's They're Real, and Tarte's Gifted. I've always loved Benefit, so that was a no brainer....but Tarte's....I actually researched, for a long, long time, haha and I'm glad I picked it up because it is AMAZING.


I seriously could sit here and rave about Benefit's mascara for hours, I love it so much. I've never used a mascara that separated lashes so well whilst plumping them and lengthening them. I do only have the version that comes with your birthday gift at Sephora, because honestly, $30 for mascara is a little ridic. So, if I had spare cash to just drop on mascara....I would go for this, but until I win the lottery, I will ration this out until my birthday comes again HAHA. 


I've always admired Tarte products, I just thought they looked so chic....but their stuff, like everyone else's, is a little too pricey for me. So I researched, and researched, and researched, and then I found a coupon for Sephora so I was like "what the hell, let's do it" and picked this little gem up. SO glad I did. This beaut is so great, the only thing I don't like....is that if I accidentally rub my eye, this sh*t BURNS, so note to self, don't put this on your eyeball haha 


 So what's it gonna be? Splurge or Save? 
Honestly, as much as I love Benefit and Tarte, I just can't imagine spending this much on mascara...and making it a frequent thing....so, if you've got the spare cash, GO FOR IT! But if you're kind of living on a budget, there are really great alternatives out there for you to try :) If I could give one last piece of advice, go for maybelline, there's so many options and they're all pretty great. One brand to stay away from? COVERGIRL, maybe it's just me, maybe I'm too picky, but I can not stand covergirl products....
Maybelline for the win haha 



& now we see the 'angela' in her natural habitat looking like a complete bafoon...enjoy...haha 



xx 
Angela 





Be First to Post Comment !
Vanessa N said...

Also, there's no point in buying an expensive mascara when you'll just have to replace it every 6 months c:
But hey, if anything, you could buy the mini sizes of the expensive stuff!

Great post, I think I'll try out the Falsies next!

Citron and Guavaberry