Good Reads: Lauren Conrad

| On :

Now, I never really had anyone there to teach me about hair and makeup and all that girly stuff. My sister went off to college when I was still in my 'smackers' days, and my mom....well, she didn't want me wearing makeup, quite frankly I don' think she wants me wearing make up now either. So, I had the luxury of teaching myself how to apply makeup, and trust me, it showed sometimes haha. But while I'm no professional, I thought I had found a process that worked for me and not even gonna lie, I was feeling pretty confident with my make up application abilities......Till I found Lauren Conrad's books and I began second guessing everything...haha

I've always admired LC's hair and makeup, I could never understand how her face looked so flawless and there was never a streak on her face or a hair misplaced on her head. Now, I know what you're thinking "Angela, she's a celebrity, she has people do that stuff for her." Even her candids though, she's just so flawless. I don't get it. I still kind of don't get it, but these books, lemme tell you, these books are the best thing I've discovered since sliced bread.
Now a lot of you are probably like "These books are common sense, anyone who experimented with makeup knows these things." And yeah, sure a lot of the stuff is pretty easy-peasy but there are some things in the book, the beauty book especially, that I wasn't entirely aware of. Lauren Conrad's books are ideally for teens, tweens and people in their early twenties....not really for those who are in their late 40's and have already acquired all of the life-long knowledge of people and fashion. The books showcase a lot of top tips for upping your game, without completely destroying your own personal style. 


While I've always admired Lauren's style, there's no way in hell I could ever pull off half the things she wears, thus why the beauty book is top notch for me. Seriously though, if you're ever in a rut where you can't really decide how to style your next hair cut, or just how to contour your face, pick up LC's books. They're seriously good reads.
xx,
angela 

Be First to Post Comment !